From: Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE
Subject: Re: That darned firewall..
Date: 26 May 1999 22:18:14 +0200	[thread overview]

Andy Eskilsson <andy.eskilsson@telelogic.se> writes:

  > I would like:
  > 	telnet firewallmachine
  > 	CONNECT news.server.com:nntp HTTP/1.0

Well, why don't you have a look at nntp-open-telnet?  It does not seem
too complex.  You just make a copy of it and modify as appropriate.
You see quickly where it sends the `open' command to telnet.  Just put
your command there and delete the rest of the function until it waits
for "200 ok" message from the NNTP server.

Or do you find it too difficult to grok that function?

I could try to hack up something, but I can't test it, so maybe it's
better if you try yourself first.  But if you don't know Lisp, I'm
willing to give it a go.

kai
--
Abort this operation?   [Abort]  [Cancel]