* Negotiating key mappings in message mode
@ 1997-03-30  2:59 Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1997-03-30  2:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've started writing a footnote plug-in for message mode and am rather
at a loss where I can put the interactive commands.  My first thought
was to use C-c C-f but there appears to be a bunch of message-goto
functions there.  Is it O.K. for me to share that prefix[1], or should
I choose something else (and what)?

Footnotes:
[1]  Why doesn't the C-c C-f prefix have its own keymap with a
functional C-h binding?
--
steve@miranova.com baur
Unsolicited commercial e-mail will be billed at $250/message.

* Re: Negotiating key mappings in message mode
@ 1997-03-30  3:38 ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1997-03-30  3:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steven L Baur <steve@miranova.com> writes:

> I've started writing a footnote plug-in for message mode and am
> rather at a loss where I can put the interactive commands.  My first
> thought was to use C-c C-f but there appears to be a bunch of
> message-goto functions there.  Is it O.K. for me to share that
> prefix[1], or should I choose something else (and what)?

I don't think you should share a reserved prefix.  Think of something
else.  The free `C-c C-<letter>' ones are:

`C-c C-a', `C-c C-j', `C-c C-l', `C-c C-m', `C-c C-p', `C-c C-u',
`C-c C-v', `C-c C-x' and `C-c C-z'.

I'd use `C-c C-a' or `C-c C-p'...

> [1] Why doesn't the C-c C-f prefix have its own keymap with a
> functional C-h binding?

`C-c C-f C-h' works for me:

Key bindings starting with C-c C-f:

Local Bindings:
key             binding
---             -------

C-c C-f C-b	message-goto-bcc
C-c C-f C-c	message-goto-cc
C-c C-f C-d	message-goto-distribution
C-c C-f C-f	message-goto-followup-to
C-c C-f C-k	message-goto-keywords
C-c C-f C-n	message-goto-newsgroups
C-c C-f C-r	message-goto-reply-to
C-c C-f C-s	message-goto-subject
C-c C-f C-t	message-goto-to
C-c C-f C-u	message-goto-summary
C-c C-f C-w	message-goto-fcc

--
Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> | Student at FER Zagreb, Croatia
--------------------------------+--------------------------------

* Re: Negotiating key mappings in message mode
@ 1997-03-30  7:11   ` Steven L Baur
From: Steven L Baur @ 1997-03-30  7:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hrvoje Niksic writes:

> Steven L Baur <steve@miranova.com> writes:
>> [1] Why doesn't the C-c C-f prefix have its own keymap with a
>> functional C-h binding?

> `C-c C-f C-h' works for me:

Aah, you have to be message-mode to see it.  I guess I had another
blonde moment, sorry.

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1997-03-30  8:54 UTC (permalink / raw)

Steven L Baur <steve@miranova.com> writes:

> I guess I had another blonde moment, sorry.

I resemble that remark!

* Re: Negotiating key mappings in message mode
@ 1997-03-30 19:01   ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1997-03-30 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Hrv> I'd use `C-c C-a' or `C-c C-p'...

Please don't use C-c C-p as this is already taken by Supercite (by
default).

Thanks,
kai
--
I wish my mouth had a backso^Hpace key.

* Re: Negotiating key mappings in message mode
@ 1997-04-02  7:05     ` Hrvoje Niksic
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1997-04-02  7:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Grossjohann <grossjohann@charly.cs.uni-dortmund.de> writes:

>   Hrv> I'd use `C-c C-a' or `C-c C-p'...
>
> Please don't use C-c C-p as this is already taken by Supercite (by
> default).

Then, it's `C-c C-a'.  1... 2... 3... SOLD!  Steven, I'm afraid that's
it. :-)

--
Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> | Student at FER Zagreb, Croatia
"Psychos _do not_ explode when sunlight hits them."