* sgnus feature wish: group buffer faces
@ 1996-01-16 15:52 Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1996-01-16 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

I wish the *Group* buffer had faces like the other buffers, too.  I'd
like to be able to color according to kind of group (nnml groups
green, nntp groups black), according to number of ticked and unread
articles in it.

        kai
--
I like both kinds of music.

* Re: sgnus feature wish: group buffer faces
@ 1996-01-17  8:26   ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1996-01-17  8:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

  Kai> I wish the *Group* buffer had faces like the other buffers,
  Kai> too.  I'd like to be able to color according to kind of group
  Kai> (nnml groups green, nntp groups black), according to number of
  Kai> ticked and unread articles in it.

  Lars> I had completely forgotten about that one.  The simplest would
  Lars> perhaps be adding something like the `gnus-summary-highlight'
  Lars> variable.  Or does anybody have any other ideas as to how the
  Lars> user should control how the highlighting is to look?

Yes, something like gnus-summary-highlight would be just fine.  I'm
not sure on what kinds of things you might want to test, though, but
as a zeroth approximation one could use the things that can be put in
the group buffer with % escapes (gnus-group-line-format, I guess).

        kai
--

       [not found] <ensz99ns@totally-fudged-out-message-id>
@ 1996-01-17  2:51 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1996-01-17  2:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Grossjohann <grossjoh@ls6.informatik.uni-dortmund.de> writes:

> I wish the *Group* buffer had faces like the other buffers, too.  I'd
> like to be able to color according to kind of group (nnml groups
> green, nntp groups black), according to number of ticked and unread
> articles in it.

I had completely forgotten about that one.  The simplest would perhaps
be adding something like the `gnus-summary-highlight' variable.  Or
does anybody have any other ideas as to how the user should control
how the highlighting is to look?

--
Home is where the cat is.