* gnus-delay.el: let Gnus remind you of action items
@ 2001-07-21 21:49 Kai Großjohann
                   ` (5 more replies)
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-07-21 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've committed this file to CVS.  Setup is simple, just insert these
two lines in ~/.gnus:

(require 'gnus-delay)
(gnus-delay-initialize)

After this, you can type `C-c C-j' (rather than `C-c C-c') to send a
message with a delay.  It asks you for the delay.  Possible delays are
like `3d' (3 days) or `7w' (7 weeks).  Internally, this works by
computing a deadline, inserting a special header with this deadline,
and dropping the message in nndraft:delayed.

Whenever you get new news in Gnus, it looks through nndraft:delayed
for any article where the time is up.

It often happens to me that I ask someone but that person might not
answer soon.  Since I tend to forget about this stuff, I can compose a
message to myself and delay it by, say, 7 days, and then Gnus will
remind me to look whether the person has answered.

With the recent change for annotations in nnml groups, you don't have
to actually send a mail, you can just compose a followup and insert
the right Newsgroups header.

What do you all think?

Please note that this is just a preliminary first implementation,
probably full of bugs.  But I'm sure you'll tell me :-)

kai
--
~/.signature: No such file or directory