* Contents-Transfer-Encoding header is odd.
@ 2001-07-24  6:36 Jinhyok Heo
From: Jinhyok Heo @ 2001-07-24  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm Korean and use Korean characters in mails. So I need to send mails
via 'Contents-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit'.

When I write a message, the modeline shows me *8bit*. But if I check
the message in my sent-mail archive, the mail was gone as *base64*.

If I send a message to others, it seems that the mail server convert
my mail correctly from base64 to 8bit. I could find something in
header like "X-MIME-Autoconverted: from base64 to 8bit by
mailserversXXXX.com id blarblar". So I don't have much trouble with
that.

But when I tried to forward a message I had written from my sent-mail
archives, the message was included as it was in base64 format and, of
course, I could not read my message.

I tried following lines in my .gnus, but it doesn't help.
(setq-default mime-editor/transfer-level 8)
(setq-default mime-editor/transfer-level-string "8bit")
(setq message-default-charset 'euc-kr)

Could you help me out? :-)

--
|  Jinhyok Heo            mailto : novembre @ournature.org
|                         whoami : <http://ournature.org/~novembre/>
|  "We are still reaching for the sky. In the developed countries people
|  are coming back down, saying, `It's empty up there.'" --- a Ladakhi monk

* Re: Contents-Transfer-Encoding header is odd.
@ 2001-07-24  9:03 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-07-24  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 24 Jul 2001, Jinhyok Heo wrote:

> I tried following lines in my .gnus, but it doesn't help.
> (setq-default mime-editor/transfer-level 8)
> (setq-default mime-editor/transfer-level-string "8bit")
> (setq message-default-charset 'euc-kr)

This suggests that you are using TM together with Oort Gnus.  Don't do
that.  Turn off TM.

kai
--
~/.signature: No such file or directory

* Re: Contents-Transfer-Encoding header is odd.
@ 2001-07-24  9:04 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-07-24  9:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 24 Jul 2001, Jinhyok Heo wrote:

> I'm Korean and use Korean characters in mails. So I need to send
> mails via 'Contents-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit'.

See the variable gnus-group-posting-charset-alist.

kai
--

@ 2001-07-24 10:41   ` Jinhyok Heo
From: Jinhyok Heo @ 2001-07-24 10:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

    KG> This suggests that you are using TM together with Oort Gnus.
    KG> Don't do that.  Turn off TM.

I remove (require 'mime-setup) from my .gnus. It's working correctly
now.

Thanks, :-)