* Saving articles
@ 2001-05-03  8:29 Jochen Lillich
From: Jochen Lillich @ 2001-05-03  8:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'd like to save articles into a nnml: directory hierarchy like

   archive/
     mail/
       private/
       ML-gnus/
     news/
       de.comp.os.linux/

How do I have to configure Gnus to achieve that and to be able to
browse these directories?

Thanks for your help,

	Jochen

--
Jochen Lillich
http://www.teamlinux.de

* Re: Saving articles
@ 2001-05-03 17:00 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-05-03 17:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

I just (setq gnus-use-cache t) and then use `!' to tick the messages
that are interesting to me.  Then they stay right in the newsgroup
they come from, no copying needed.

If you do want to copy, maybe it's best to just normally create the
groups you like (with `G m') and then use `B c' to copy the articles
you want to copy.

I suggest to use some prefix, for example use `nnml:news.de.comp.gnu'
for the group de.comp.gnu.

kai
--
The passive voice should never be used.

* Re: Saving articles...
@ 1996-06-23 17:12   ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 1996-06-23 17:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

GH> What I want to do is apply a process mark to several articles and
GH> have them saved.  I've done this before, but it uses the article
GH> number as the filename.  I want it to use the subject line as the
GH> file name.  Is there a way to set this?

This is not an answer, but have you considered instead copying (with
`B c') the articles to another group where you can read them later, or
to make the articles persistent (with `*') so they will never expire?

* Saving articles...
@ 1996-06-23 15:36 ` GLEN HEIN
From: GLEN HEIN @ 1996-06-23 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: GLEN HEIN

I just compiled up the new 19.31 emacs and I have GNUS 5.2.22.

What I want to do is apply a process mark to several articles and
have them saved.  I've done this before, but it uses the article
number as the filename.  I want it to use the subject line as the
file name.  Is there a way to set this?

Thanks,
Glen Hein
| Glen Hein                    ghein@nevada.edu |
| U.N.L.V. Department of Computer Science       |
| 1993 Honda Nighthawk 750                      |
| 1990 Yamaha Razz                              |
| 1983 Chevrolet El Camino                      |
| "Quantum tunneling through the light barrier  |
| would really suck for real life applications."|
|                        Frank Lofaro           |