* Total Expire Makes Exiting Mail Groups Take FOREVER !
@ 1996-03-19 11:13 Aharon Schkolnik
From: Aharon Schkolnik @ 1996-03-19 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.

I added the line

	(setq gnus-total-expirable-newsgroups ".*:mail\..*")

to my .emacs. Now, when I exit one of the groups that matches
the above (my mail groups), gnus sits there with the message Expiring
Articles for a LONG time. I can't live with this, so I got rid of the
above line. Is there something else I can do.

--
  The day is short, and the work is great,     |   Aharon Schkolnik
  and the laborers are lazy, and the reward    |   Aharon@Matat.Health.Gov.IL

* Re: Total Expire Makes Exiting Mail Groups Take FOREVER !
@ 1996-03-19 12:42 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1996-03-19 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

  Aharon> [...] Now, when I exit one of the groups that matches the
  Aharon> above (my mail groups), gnus sits there with the message
  Aharon> Expiring Articles for a LONG time.[...]

In my gnus-startup-hook I have:

(remove-hook 'gnus-summary-prepare-exit-hook 'gnus-summary-expire-articles)

This means that you have to explicitly invoke expiry, it will not
happen automatically when you exit a group.  A good time to invoke
expire is lunch time ;-)

        kai
--
~/.signature