* Strange headers on followup
@ 2002-09-16 10:25 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-09-16 10:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

I got a message with these headers:

/----
| From: Großjohann Gudrun  <Gudrun.Grossjohann@arbeitsamt.de>
| Subject: AW: Kais Job
| To: "'Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE'"
| 	 <Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE>,
|         Uwe Großjohann
| 	 <Uwe.Grossjohann@triaton.com>,
|         Großjohann Gudrun
| 	 <Gudrun.Grossjohann@arbeitsamt.de>
| Cc: Angela Xie <angelaxie@yahoo.com>
\----

I hit `F', `S W', `S V' on this message and in all three cases, the
followup had these headers:

/----
| To: Angela Xie <angelaxie@yahoo.com>
\----

Somebody kidnapped my parents!

kai
--
~/.signature is: umop 3p!sdn    (Frank Nobis)

* Re: Strange headers on followup
@ 2002-09-16 11:41 ` ShengHuo ZHU
From: ShengHuo ZHU @ 2002-09-16 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

> I got a message with these headers:
>
> /----
> | From: Großjohann Gudrun  <Gudrun.Grossjohann@arbeitsamt.de>
> | Subject: AW: Kais Job
> | To: "'Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE'"
> | 	 <Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE>,
> |         Uwe Großjohann
> | 	 <Uwe.Grossjohann@triaton.com>,
> |         Großjohann Gudrun
> | 	 <Gudrun.Grossjohann@arbeitsamt.de>
> | Cc: Angela Xie <angelaxie@yahoo.com>
> \----
>
> I hit `F', `S W', `S V' on this message and in all three cases, the
> followup had these headers:
>
> /----
> | To: Angela Xie <angelaxie@yahoo.com>
> \----
>
> Somebody kidnapped my parents!

It is probably because your user-login-name hides them.  If so, you
have to explicitly specify message-dont-reply-to-names to match your
own email addresses.

ShengHuo

* Re: Strange headers on followup
@ 2002-09-16 12:45   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2002-09-16 12:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:

> Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann) writes:
>
>> Somebody kidnapped my parents!
>
> It is probably because your user-login-name hides them.  If so, you
> have to explicitly specify message-dont-reply-to-names to match your
> own email addresses.

Argh, my message-dont-reply-to-names contained "grossjoh".  Thanks
for pointing this out.  I have changed it now and we'll see what
happens.

kai
--
~/.signature is: umop 3p!sdn    (Frank Nobis)