* cvs gnus doesn't import new groups
@ 2001-04-27 15:00 Nick Papadonis
From: Nick Papadonis @ 2001-04-27 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi.

I'm using procmail to split my mail and it has been working fine in
the past.  With the recent cvs of gnus, it appears that gnus doesn't
add new groups to the group buffer.

Basically, when I split mail it's put into
~/incoming/list.somelistname.  It appears gnus read this spool into
~/Mail/list/somelistname/, but it doesn't appear in the group buffer.

Anyone have similar experience?  Is something wrong in my .newrc.eld?

Thanks.
--
- Nick

* Re: cvs gnus doesn't import new groups
@ 2001-04-27 15:50 ` Nick Papadonis
From: Nick Papadonis @ 2001-04-27 15:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

This must be a bug?  The problem is shown when I can't connect to my
NNTPSERVER but continue to start gnus.  Starting gnus without NNTP
support still causes groups to not be added.

I had to add a NNTPSERVER that worked.

- Nick

--

@ 2001-04-27 20:06 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-04-27 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Does it help to hit `F' (not `f') in the Group buffer?  That should
tell Gnus to go look for the groups.
kai
--
The passive voice should never be used.