* Gnus ideas: little ones
@ 2001-04-19 13:36 Kai Großjohann
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-04-19 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

How difficult would it be to have font-lock in message mode
distinguish between header and body?

Maybe font-lock in message mode could fontify ">" lines differently
than ">>" lines.

M-k in a To or Cc header should delete a mail address.

There should be a command for moving all the addresses from the Cc
header to the To header, or vice versa.

kai
--
The passive voice should never be used.

* Re: Gnus ideas: little ones
@ 2001-04-19 14:39 ` Josh Huber
From: Josh Huber @ 2001-04-19 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

> M-k in a To or Cc header should delete a mail address.
>
> There should be a command for moving all the addresses from the Cc
> header to the To header, or vice versa.

I second this idea...

--
Josh Huber

* Re: Gnus ideas: little ones
@ 2001-04-19 15:00 ` Hannu Koivisto
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Hannu Koivisto @ 2001-04-19 15:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

| How difficult would it be to have font-lock in message mode
| distinguish between header and body?

One can always choose not to use font-lock if it can't be
programmed to work properly in message mode, right?  As far as I
can see it could be programmed to do that, though.

A somewhat related issue: it seems that message sets
auto-fill-inhibit-regexp so that it matches header lines.  I find
it very irritating that, not surprisingly, that regexp matches
lines that look like header lines in the body too.  If it is
neccessary to disable auto-fill for header lines, it should be done
by some other means.

--
Hannu
Please don't send copies of list mail

* Re: Gnus ideas: little ones
@ 2001-04-19 15:05 ` Per Abrahamsen
From: Per Abrahamsen @ 2001-04-19 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

> There should be a command for moving all the addresses from the Cc
> header to the To header, or vice versa.

Eh, is 'C-a C-d C-d T o' really that hard to type?

* Re: Gnus ideas: little ones
@ 2001-04-19 16:02   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-04-19 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On 19 Apr 2001, Per Abrahamsen wrote:

> Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann) writes:
>
>> There should be a command for moving all the addresses from the Cc
>> header to the To header, or vice versa.
>
> Eh, is 'C-a C-d C-d T o' really that hard to type?

Not really.  But what if you already have a To header with addresses
in it?  Of course, it works to have more than one To header, it's only
a little ugly.

Okay, this is just a nicety.

More useful, actually, might be the kill-address command.  Or maybe
even `move this address to the To header'.

kai
--

@ 2001-04-20  0:06   ` Russ Allbery
From: Russ Allbery @ 2001-04-20  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hannu Koivisto <azure@iki.fi> writes:

> A somewhat related issue: it seems that message sets
> auto-fill-inhibit-regexp so that it matches header lines.  I find it
> very irritating that, not surprisingly, that regexp matches lines that
> look like header lines in the body too.  If it is neccessary to disable
> auto-fill for header lines, it should be done by some other means.

Yes, agreed.  This has been bugging me too.

* Re: Gnus ideas: little ones
@ 2001-04-22 15:44   ` Amos Gouaux
From: Amos Gouaux @ 2001-04-22 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

hk> A somewhat related issue: it seems that message sets
hk> auto-fill-inhibit-regexp so that it matches header lines.  I find
hk> it very irritating that, not surprisingly, that regexp matches
hk> lines that look like header lines in the body too.  If it is
hk> neccessary to disable auto-fill for header lines, it should be done
hk> by some other means.

Oh yeah, this drives me nuts too!

Some how message mode needs to break the buffer into different
regions, with the top "header" region having particular fields
and/or buttons for entering the addresses and such, kinda like the
Customize utility.

In fact, if there were such buttons and what not, perhaps one could
be "send as" so one could select a posting style on the fly.

--
Amos

* Re: Gnus ideas: little ones
@ 2001-04-25 21:07   ` Kevin Ryde