* Face for <I>Bla</I>
@ 2000-03-28 19:36 Arnd Kohrs
From: Arnd Kohrs @ 2000-03-28 19:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi All,

how can I change the face for a text between the <I>tag</I>, when a
text/mime article is presented.  Right now this text does not differ
from the other text.  I tried to configure the italic faces with no
success.  Anyone knows that one?

Arnd.
--
Arnd Kohrs   -   kohrs@acm.org  -  http://www.eurecom.fr/~kohrs

* Re: Face for <I>Bla</I>
@ 2000-03-28 20:04 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-03-28 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Arnd Kohrs <kohrs@acm.org> writes:

> how can I change the face for a text between the <I>tag</I>, when a
> text/mime article is presented.

What do you mean with text/mime?  I know of text/enriched, which uses
<italic>this tag</italic>.  AFAIK, Gnus already knows how to display
text/enriched.

kai
--
~/.signature: No such file or directory

* Re: Face for <I>Bla</I>
@ 2000-03-29 10:38   ` Arnd Kohrs
From: Arnd Kohrs @ 2000-03-29 10:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

    Kai> Arnd Kohrs <kohrs@acm.org> writes:
    >> how can I change the face for a text between the <I>tag</I>, when
    >> a text/mime article is presented.

    Kai> What do you mean with text/mime?  I know of text/enriched,

Kai> which uses <italic>this tag</italic>.  AFAIK, Gnus already
    Kai> knows how to display text/enriched.

[-- Attachment #1.4: Type: text/enriched, Size: 116 bytes --]

While you are right <italic> this shows </italic> in the defined
way (a color which I assigned to the italc face).

I could now rewrite the article from HTML to enriched I, but since the
backend that I am writing produces article from HTML pages I wanted to
change as little as possible, in order to avoid shooting my feet.

Isn't there a way to tell gnus: When you (gnus) interpret text/html use
the italic face for everything within <I></I> (This is the common
quoting syntax on that message board, which gets its backend now)?.

Arnd

--
Arnd Kohrs   -   kohrs@acm.org  -  http://www.eurecom.fr/~kohrs

The Active WebMuseum: Your personalized access to art paintings.
 Visit now ->  http://www.eurecom.fr/~kohrs/museum.html

* Re: Face for <I>Bla</I>
@ 2000-03-29 11:47     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2000-03-29 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Arnd Kohrs <kohrs@acm.org> writes:

> Isn't there a way to tell gnus: When you (gnus) interpret text/html use
> the italic face for everything within <I></I> (This is the common
> quoting syntax on that message board, which gets its backend now)?.

Huh?  Gnus uses enriched-mode to display text/enriched, but it uses W3
to display text/html.  Please decide whether you want text/enriched or
text/html, then we can talk about how to make it display italic
correctly.

As far as I can tell, <I>...</I> is displayed italic in text/html
messages and <italic>...</italic> is displayed italic in text/enriched
messages.

FWIW, you need a font which has an italic version.  The font I use at
work doesn't have an italic version, so I've got some code which gives
a seagreen foreground to all faces which would normally be italic.

kai
--
~/.signature: No such file or directory