* Including cached messages automatically?
@ 1999-11-19 11:35 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 1999-11-19 11:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

We use an IMAP server with shared folders.  Ticking a message means it
is ticked for everyone.  We would like to use the tick mark as an
indication `this is a todo item for everybody'.

Caching an article is local to a user (I think), so we would like to
use cache marks as an indication for personal todo items (in shared
groups).

Hence, I do (add-hook 'gnus-summary-generate-hook
'gnus-summary-limit-include-cached), but this has strange effects.
The cached articles get inserted into the summary buffer twice, once
at the beginning and once at the end, and the order of articles is
reversed for one of them.

Am I doing something wrong?  Is this the wrong hook?  Does the
position of the cached articles depend on the position of point when
the function is called?  Strange...

kai
--
This gubblick contains many nonsklarkish English flutzpahs,
but the overall pluggandisp can be glorked from context. -- David Moser