From: Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann)
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Drafts feature-request/bug.
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 12:06:52 +0200	[thread overview]

Scott A Crosby <scrosby@cs.rice.edu> writes:

> First, can I make my drafts group be an ordinary group in the NNML
> backend, or must it be in the nndraft backend?

It's difficult to use nnml because your messages are also auto-saved
into a file in the drafts group.  Using nnml means you have to frob
the auto-saving mechanism to update the NOV data and stuff.

> Second, for NNML groups, if I move a message into an NNML group, I
> don't have to refresh by pushing 'g' in the group buffer for them to
> appear in their new summary buffers. I can go there directly and they
> appear. However, for drafts, if I suspend writing a moment 'C-c C-d',
> I must refresh the group buffer before I can continue see the message
> in the draft group, before I can continue editing that message. This
> is slow and annoying.

Seems to be a bug.  I also see it.  I wonder if somebody can fix it.

> Third, drafts seem to have a fixed date on them. Usually December
> 31. It'd be nice if they got updated with the date of the last edit to
> them. (IE, just before being edited or sent, update the date header.)

Hm.  It's an idea.

> From reading the gnus-agent backend, apparently drafts does
> double-duty and also is used to hold the outgoing messages. Thats
> incompatible with using them to hold suspended messages. Is there any
> easy way of splitting it into the 2 groups?

Gnus already uses nndraft:drafts for the C-c C-d'd messages and
nndraft:queue for the Agent.  (<self-advertisement> And then, there
is nndraft:delayed or somesuch for delayed
articles. </self-advertisement>)

kai