From: Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann)
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Prevent B c/B m from createing dups in target group
Date: Fri, 17 Aug 2001 21:09:45 +0200	[thread overview]

> Some are whole threads that were copied a piece at a time as the
> thread was developing.  Inevitabley there comes a point where you've
> forgotten what has been copied and what not.  I found as many as four
> layers of copies in some groups.  Partly due to absentmindedness but
> also there is no built in functionality in gnus to prevent this.  Near
> as I can tell.

You could also (setq gnus-use-cache t) and then tick the interesting
messages.  Is there a specific reason for you not to do that?

You say that you're editing messages.  What kind of editing is that?
Surely, just putting them in the cache wouldn't be enough when you
want to edit them.

But OTOH, why not allow editing of articles which are in the cache?
That might be a useful feature.

kai
--
~/.signature: No such file or directory