* Better post method prompt?
@ 1999-07-23 10:23 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 1999-07-23 10:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

After typing C-u 0 C-c C-c, you get to choose the post method, and it
seems the names are constructed like this: <servername> SPC (
<backend> )

Since my servers are called "", this means that I need to type C-q SPC
before being able to choose any post method.  A bit inconvenient.

And I wouldn't want to call my servers anything else than "" because
this leads to group names like "nnimap+foo:INBOX" (instead

kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.

* Re: Better post method prompt?
@ 1999-07-23 14:33 ` Andreas Schwab
From: Andreas Schwab @ 1999-07-23 14:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

|> After typing C-u 0 C-c C-c, you get to choose the post method, and it
|> seems the names are constructed like this: <servername> SPC (
|> <backend> )
|>
|> Since my servers are called "", this means that I need to type C-q SPC
|> before being able to choose any post method.  A bit inconvenient.

Hmm, did you try just typing SPC?  Normally this should just insert the
space if there is a completion that starts with one.

OK, let's try.....

--
Andreas Schwab                                  "And now for something
schwab@suse.de                                   completely different."

* Re: Better post method prompt?
@ 1999-07-23 14:43   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 1999-07-23 14:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andreas Schwab <schwab@suse.de> writes:

> Hmm, did you try just typing SPC?  Normally this should just insert the
> space if there is a completion that starts with one.

Ah, didn't know that.  Hm.  So, I type C-k to delete the default
suggestion.  Then, I type SPC.  A SPC is inserted.  Fine.  Then, I
type TAB for a list of completions.  Point moves back to beginning of
minibuffer prompt and shows completions.  I decide on a completion and
type SPC ( n n i which then gives me " (nnimap) " (note the trailing
SPC!).

Hm.

Maybe this is because of partial-completion-mode?

kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.