* How to make agent skip certain groups
@ 1999-01-09  4:26 Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 1999-01-09  4:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

First lets see if I understand what is happening when pressing `J s'
in group buffer.
The agent  down loads headers from all groups who's servers are
included in the "agent" umbrella.  Then parses those headers against
the agent categories, and downloads bodies accordingly.

No groups whos servers are under agent are left out.

Is there a way already incorporated in Gnus to make the Agent skip
certain groups.   Something along the line of:

`gnus-activate-foreign-newsgroups'
If `gnus-activate-foreign-newsgroups' is a positive number, Gnus
will check all foreign groups with this level or lower at startup.

Only applied to agent groups `gnus-activate-agent-newsgroups', or the
like.  Where one could control which groups have the headers
downloaded by raising the level of certain groups.
--
Harry Putnam <reader@newsguy.com>
Running Redhat Linux 5.1

* Re: How to make agent skip certain groups
@ 1999-01-09 15:39 ` Kai.Grossjohann
From: Kai.Grossjohann @ 1999-01-09 15:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

  > `gnus-activate-foreign-newsgroups'
  > If `gnus-activate-foreign-newsgroups' is a positive number, Gnus
  > will check all foreign groups with this level or lower at startup.
  >
  > Only applied to agent groups `gnus-activate-agent-newsgroups', or the
  > like.  Where one could control which groups have the headers
  > downloaded by raising the level of certain groups.

The variable is called gnus-agent-handle-level.

kai
--
Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out there to get me!