* Can't access CVS server
@ 2001-10-22 20:19 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-10-22 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)

I used to have kaig@cvs.quimby.org in my CVS/Root files, but that was
the wrong host.  So I changed it to kaig@quimby.gnus.org.

Now I can do "cvs login".  After entering a bogus password, I get
this:

/----
| grossjoh@lucy> cvs login
| Logging in to :pserver:kaig@quimby.gnus.org:2401/usr/local/cvsroot
| CVS password:
| cvs login: authorization failed: server quimby.gnus.org rejected access to /usr/local/cvsroot for user kaig
\----

After entering the right password (I think), I get this:

/----
| grossjoh@lucy> cvs login
| Logging in to :pserver:kaig@quimby.gnus.org:2401/usr/local/cvsroot
| CVS password:
\----

But then, "cvs update" is a problem:

/----
| grossjoh@lucy> cvs up -dP
| Fatal error, aborting.
| cvs: no such user
\----

Is anyone seeing this, too?

kai
--
Lisp is kinda like tpircstsoP

* Re: Can't access CVS server
@ 2001-10-23  3:20 ` Michael Harnois
From: Michael Harnois @ 2001-10-23  3:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001 22:19:29 +0200, Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann) said:

    > Is anyone seeing this, too?

Yup.

--
Michael D. Harnois                   bilocational bivocational
Pastor, Redeemer Lutheran Church                Washburn, Iowa