* More fun with nnweb
@ 2001-05-30 17:50 David Z. Maze
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: David Z. Maze @ 2001-05-30 17:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

So I mostly have my Gnus/Debian BTS nnweb plugin working now.  So
people can follow along, it's at
http://web.mit.edu/dmaze/elisp/debbugs.el; I load it in my .gnus file.

First off, success: if I want to see a list of bugs I have open, I can
use 'G w debbugs dmaze@debian.org'.  I'll get a listing of bugs in the
summary buffer.  Each bug is presented as a multipart/mixed message,
and each message has a text/plain or text/enriched tag and the body,
either as message/external-body or message/rfc822.  All good.

Now, let's leave this summary buffer ('q') and try again.  From the
group buffer, I type 'G w debbugs dmaze@debian.org', and get 'No
matching articles' back from nnweb.  That's no good.  Playing around,
it seems like this is because each URL is stuffed into nnweb-hashtb,
and this isn't cleaned out before 'G w' calls.  (At least, that's what
it seems like; if I don't play with nnweb-get-hashtb, it works fine.)

The other problem is if I try to create a persistent group (C-u G w
...).  This works fine, but each time I check for new articles ('g')
it returns duplicates of every article.  (That is, the first time, I
have 19 articles, the second, 19 new out of 38, the third, 19 out of
57, etc.)

This seems like I'm doing something slightly fundamentally wrong.
Does anybody with more nnweb clue than I have any ideas?  Thanks...

(Usage: you can feed the "search engine" anything you'd normally
concatenate to http://bugs.debian.org/.  This means you can feed it a
maintainer name ("dmaze@debian.org"), an individual package name
("xed"), or a submitter name ("from:dmaze@mit.edu").  It won't croak
badly if you feed it a bug number, but it will fail to return any bugs
at all.)

--
David Maze             dmaze@mit.edu          http://www.mit.edu/~dmaze/
	-- Abra Mitchell