* best setup for qmail and gnus
@ 1999-12-01  0:08 dave-mlist
From: dave-mlist @ 1999-12-01  0:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

OK, I've been fighting with my old qmail/procmail/gnus configuration
for too long, and now I'm ready to scrap the whole thing and start
anew.  I'd like to get rid of procmail completely.

I want to keep qmail separating my mail --- I get mail addressed to
dave-<something>@bfnet.com and qmail is smart enough to separate that
into a Maildir called ~/Mail/<something>/Maildir.

Next, I want gnus to slurp the mail out of Maildir.  Here is my
current test setup:

(setq mail-sources '((maildir :path "/home/dave/Mail/test/Maildir/new")))
(setq gnus-select-method '(nnml "private"))
(setq gnus-secondary-select-methods nil)

Here are my questions:

0.  Can anyone out there using qmail and gnus send me thier config?

1.  What use is the string "private" in the gnus-select-method?

2.  Should I set mail-sources to a function that looks for
    ~/Mail/*/Maildir and returns a list of (maildir) sources with
    their various paths, or is there a better way?

Dave