From: Kai.Grossjohann@CS.Uni-Dortmund.DE (Kai Großjohann)
Cc: <ding@gnus.org>
Subject: Re: Diffinitive archiving method sought - Big prize money for best entrant
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 21:04:25 +0200	[thread overview]

> I think I understand the proceedure Kai, but it sounds even more
> labor intensive than anything I had come up with.  My whole aim is to
> find a lazy way to do it.
>
> Piecing out the overview files and such doesn't fit into my lazy man
> scheme.. hehe.

Well, from my perspective it's all fairly easy, except teaching Gnus
about the articles that have gone missing.

But here is another, wicked, idea which does not involve Gnus at all
and probably allows you to do it with almost no work:

Let there be two machines, `work' and `archive'.  Set up a leafnode
on work and a leafnode on archive.  The leafnode on work fetches
articles from wherever you fetch articles from.  The leafnode on
archive fetches articles from work.

Now tell (the leafnode on) work to expire articles after 3 months and
tell (the leafnode on) archive to never expire articles.

Done!

kai