* Reordering an nnml box
@ 2001-09-27 14:51 Vincent Bernat
From: Vincent Bernat @ 2001-09-27 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi !

I have just imported a bunch of old mails in my inbox by spooling them
through an mbox. Everything is fine except that these mails are
numbered after the new ones. Is there a simple way of renumbering all
the mails by ascending dates ?
--
 I gave up on finding an answer and started drinking.
 -+- KM in: Guide du Cabaliste Usenet - Définir le consensus ? -+-

* Re: Reordering an nnml box
@ 2001-09-27 21:44 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-09-27 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Vincent Bernat <bernat@scientist.com> writes:

> Is there a simple way of renumbering all the mails by ascending
> dates ?

Use C-u RET to enter the group.
Use C-c C-s C-d to sort by date.  (Might take a while.)
Use M P a to mark them all.
Use B m to move them into the same group.

kai
--
Abort this operation?   [OK]  [Cancel]

* Re: Reordering an nnml box
@ 2001-10-08  9:52   ` Vincent Bernat
From: Vincent Bernat @ 2001-10-08  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

OoO La nuit ayant déjà recouvert d'encre ce jour du jeudi 27
semptembre 2001, vers 23:44, Kai Großjohann disait:

>> Is there a simple way of renumbering all the mails by ascending
>> dates ?

> Use C-u RET to enter the group.

I have added "T T" here.

> Use C-c C-s C-d to sort by date.  (Might take a while.)
> Use M P a to mark them all.
> Use B m to move them into the same group.

Well, this doesn't work. After sorting by date everything seems fine
(it is really sorted by date) but after the manipulation, the 100 last
articles are not the latest one. There are recent articles and oldest
ones.

* Re: Reordering an nnml box
@ 2001-10-08 10:58     ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-10-08 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Vincent Bernat <bernat@scientist.com> writes:

> OoO La nuit ayant déjà recouvert d'encre ce jour du jeudi 27
> semptembre 2001, vers 23:44, Kai Großjohann disait:
>
>> Use C-c C-s C-d to sort by date.  (Might take a while.)
>> Use M P a to mark them all.
>> Use B m to move them into the same group.
>
> Well, this doesn't work. After sorting by date everything seems fine
> (it is really sorted by date) but after the manipulation, the 100 last
> articles are not the latest one. There are recent articles and oldest
> ones.

Maybe you have to go to the first message and do `9 9 9 B m' to move
them into the same group.  If you have more than 999 messages,
increase the number accordingly.

`M P a' might mark them in the wrong order.

kai
--
Linux provides a nice `poweroff' command, but where is `poweron'?