* unread news articles get gnus-ancient-mark
@ 2000-01-25 22:03 Bill White
From: Bill White @ 2000-01-25 22:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I read some newsgroups from our local server, newly-arrived
articles that I haven't read yet are marked with "O", which is
gnus-ancient-mark.

`O'
     Articles that were marked as read in previous sessions and are now
     "old" (`gnus-ancient-mark').

That means (at least with my settings) that I can't read the articles
unless I force gnus to re-read the whole group by entering it with C-u
RET, which takes a long time.

How can this happen since I haven't read the articles yet? Is there
something I can do to fix the problem?

Thanks!

bw
--