* Aargh!  Netscape mail reader creates .newsrc-foo
@ 1997-11-20  9:12 Hrvoje Niksic
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Hrvoje Niksic @ 1997-11-20  9:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Every time I accidentally start up the netscape news/mail reader
(e.g. by inadvertently clicking on a mailto: URL), it creates a
`.newsrc-bagan.srce.hr' file in my home directory, `bagan.srce.hr'
being my news server.

This always f*ks up Gnus, which thinks this file should take
precedence over my normal `.newsrc.eld' (I don't save normal `.newsrc'
at all.)  This is highly annoying, because when I startup Gnus next
time, I get an ugly buffer with no topics and no group levels, and I
think of a catastrophe every time.

Can this somehow be turned off?  Couldn't Gnus be made to ignore
`.newsrc-foo' files?

--
Hrvoje Niksic <hniksic@srce.hr> | Student at FER Zagreb, Croatia