* `S n' does not fill out Newsgroups header
@ 2001-07-23 19:12 Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-07-23 19:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

When I hit `S n' in an nnimap group, gnus-summary-followup-to-mail
calls (gnus-summary-followup arg t).  The `t' means `force-news'.
Alas, gnus-summary-followup calls (gnus-post-news nil ...), and the
nil means `post' is false in gnus-post-news.

Is this supposed to be so?

I did a quick test, and indeed changing the first arg of
gnus-post-news from nil to t fills out the Newsgroups header properly.

kai
--
~/.signature: No such file or directory

* Re: `S n' does not fill out Newsgroups header
@ 2001-07-23 19:42 ` Raja R Harinath
From: Raja R Harinath @ 2001-07-23 19:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

> When I hit `S n' in an nnimap group, gnus-summary-followup-to-mail
> calls (gnus-summary-followup arg t).  The `t' means `force-news'.
> Alas, gnus-summary-followup calls (gnus-post-news nil ...), and the
> nil means `post' is false in gnus-post-news.
>
> Is this supposed to be so?

That seems right, given the intended meaning of 'S n' -- you got an
e-mail and you want to followup to it in USENET.  The USENET group
isn't always obvious, and it would be annoying if 'S n' filled in
the Newsgroups: header with something that has to be removed in normal
usage.

Maybe the annotation functionality could sit in 'S a' or some other
keybinding.

- Hari

* Re: `S n' does not fill out Newsgroups header
@ 2001-07-23 21:08   ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 2001-07-23 21:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Raja R. Harinath wrote:

> That seems right, given the intended meaning of 'S n' -- you got an
> e-mail and you want to followup to it in USENET.  The USENET group
> isn't always obvious, and it would be annoying if 'S n' filled in
> the Newsgroups: header with something that has to be removed in
> normal usage.

Hm.  Yes, if I do `S n' from a group from my primary (nntp) server, it
works.  But I think it should work from secondary servers, too.
Especially if they are of type post-mail, ie they grok
nnchoke-request-post.

> Maybe the annotation functionality could sit in 'S a' or some other
> keybinding.

Maybe.  But ...

Hm.  I see.  `S n' _does_ fill out the Newsgroups header if the
original article has a Newsgroups header.  Hm.

Yes, so maybe `S a' would be a good idea.  And `S A' is also still
free.  Nice.

kai
--
~/.signature: No such file or directory