* hidden messages with high scores
@ 1999-10-11 22:57 Dan Christensen
From: Dan Christensen @ 1999-10-11 22:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

In a few high volume mail groups I have

  (gnus-thread-hide-subtree t)

in my group properties, so I only see one line per thread.
The problem is, if one of the hidden children has a positive
score, I don't see any indication of this.  Is there a way
to make a summary line bold when it is the root of a thread
that has at least one positively scored article?

If that's not easy, is there a way to unhide all positively
scored articles?

Dan

--
Dan Christensen
jdc@math.jhu.edu

* Re: hidden messages with high scores
@ 1999-10-12  1:13 ` Harry Putnam
From: Harry Putnam @ 1999-10-12  1:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dan Christensen <jdc@jhu.edu> writes:

> In a few high volume mail groups I have
>
>   (gnus-thread-hide-subtree t)
>
> in my group properties, so I only see one line per thread.
> The problem is, if one of the hidden children has a positive
> score, I don't see any indication of this.  Is there a way
> to make a summary line bold when it is the root of a thread
> that has at least one positively scored article?
>
> If that's not easy, is there a way to unhide all positively
> scored articles?

`/ v'
     Limit the summary buffer to articles that have a score at or above
     some score (`gnus-summary-limit-to-score').

* Re: hidden messages with high scores
@ 1999-10-12  4:29   ` Dan Christensen
From: Dan Christensen @ 1999-10-12  4:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Dan Christensen <jdc@jhu.edu> writes:
>
> > In a few high volume mail groups I have
> >
> >   (gnus-thread-hide-subtree t)
> >
> > in my group properties, so I only see one line per thread.
> > The problem is, if one of the hidden children has a positive
> > score, I don't see any indication of this.  Is there a way
> > to make a summary line bold when it is the root of a thread
> > that has at least one positively scored article?
> >
> > If that's not easy, is there a way to unhide all positively
> > scored articles?
>
> `/ v'
>      Limit the summary buffer to articles that have a score at or above
>      some score (`gnus-summary-limit-to-score').

It is true that `1 / v' sometimes reveals some hidden articles with
positive scores, but it does this by *excluding* various articles from
the summary (those with scores < 1).  I want to simply unhide the
positively scored articles without excluding anything else [or
(preferably) make a summary line bold when one of its hidden children
has positive score].

Also note that "hidden" and "excluded via a limit" are two separate
issues.  The hidden summary lines are there---they're just hidden.

Dan

--

@ 1999-10-12  9:53 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 1999-10-12  9:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dan Christensen <jdc@jhu.edu> writes:

> The problem is, if one of the hidden children has a positive
> score, I don't see any indication of this.  Is there a way
> to make a summary line bold when it is the root of a thread
> that has at least one positively scored article?

You could put %V into the summary line format (the total thread score).

kai
--
Life is hard and then you die.