From: Kai Grossjohann <grossjohann@charly.informatik.uni-dortmund.de>
Subject: writable NNTP server -- the saga continues
Date: 04 Nov 1996 16:04:29 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi there,

I've been hacking the expiring articles stuff.  This seems to work OK,
but Gnus doesn't think an article has been deleted.

To clarify: let's say I move 5 articles from group A to group B.  Then
Gnus will tell me that it's moving all these articles, and it will
also tell me for each article that it's deleting them (as it should).
The NNTP server log tells me that there has been an XDELETE command
for each article, all of which were completed successfully.  Also, the
nnmk-request-expire-articles function returns nil (no articles were
not deleted -- this _is_ the meaning of the return value of
*-request-expire-articles, isn't it?).

Usually, after moving articles from a group, the mark changes to "G",
but with my implementation the mark doesn't change (it remains "!" or
"r" or "R" or whatever it was before).

What did I do wrong?

tia,
kai