* From gnus 5.6.45 to pgnus-0.95
@ 1999-08-03 17:22 Julien Gilles
From: Julien Gilles @ 1999-08-03 17:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Well, I just would like to know if there is something to do before, or
if I can just move away the gnus code, put pgnus at the same place,
and just run M-x gnus... (it's a dream ?)

Seriously, I suppose some code in .gnus won't work. Where can I
find some tips about it ?

Julien.

* Re: From gnus 5.6.45 to pgnus-0.95
@ 1999-08-03 17:45 ` Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 1999-08-03 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Disable any use of TM, since MIME is handled by Gnus directly.
Find the changes regarding how mail sources are handled.
Most of the article prep hook is now handled by individual
gnus-treat-* variables.

* Re: From gnus 5.6.45 to pgnus-0.95
@ 1999-08-04  8:03 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 1999-08-04  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Julien Gilles <julien.gilles@bcv01y01.vz.cit.alcatel.fr> writes:

> if I can just move away the gnus code, put pgnus at the same place,
> and just run M-x gnus... (it's a dream ?)

Don't do that.  Put the pgnus *.el and *.elc files in the directory
/foo/bar and then say

(add-to-list 'load-path "/foo/bar")

This way, it is sufficient to comment out this line in order to use
the old version again.

You must put that line in .emacs, not in .gnus, and before any part of
Gnus is loaded, of course.

kai
--
I like BOTH kinds of music.