* Moving an article to a different folder
@ 1998-03-04 16:38 Jake Colman
From: Jake Colman @ 1998-03-04 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

Is there a way to manually move an artice to a different folder once it's been
split by the split-method?  There are times when an article is filed correctly
by my specified split-method yet, as a one-shot, I wish to refile it
elsewhere.  Can this be done without specifying a new, one-shot, split-method
and respooling?

If not, might this be a good enhancement?

--
Jake Colman

Principia Partners LLC                  Phone: (201) 946-0300
Harborside Financial Center               Fax: (201) 946-0320
902 Plaza II                           Beeper: (800) 505-2795
Jersey City, NJ 07311                  E-mail: colman@ppllc.com
                                       E-mail: jcolman@jnc.com
                                          web: http://www.ppllc.com

* Re: Moving an article to a different folder
@ 1998-03-04 16:40 ` Francisco Solsona
From: Francisco Solsona @ 1998-03-04 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

Jake Colman <colman@ppllc.com> writes:

> Is there a way to manually move an artice to a different folder once it's been
> split by the split-method?  There are times when an article is filed correctly
> by my specified split-method yet, as a one-shot, I wish to refile it
> elsewhere.  Can this be done without specifying a new, one-shot, split-method
> and respooling?

	I normally do `B m', here's part of the documentation:

B m runs `gnus-summary-move-article'

`gnus-summary-move-article' is an interactive compiled Lisp function
  -- loaded from "gnus-sum.elc"
(gnus-summary-move-article &optional N TO-NEWSGROUP SELECT-METHOD ACTION)

Move the current article to a different newsgroup.

hth,
Francisco

--
The program is absolutely right; therefore the computer must be wrong.

* Re: Moving an article to a different folder
@ 1998-03-04 16:58 ` Kai Grossjohann
From: Kai Grossjohann @ 1998-03-04 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ding

  Jake> Is there a way to manually move an artice to a different
  Jake> folder once it's been split by the split-method?

Type B m from the Summary buffer.  You might also want to type B c.

kai
--
Every country gets the pop music it deserves. -- Guildo Horn