Karl Kleinpaste writes: > This was discussed a couple months ago. It seems that a change to the > how, where, & when of (require 'mail-abbrevs) has induced this change > as an inadvertent side effect, because the message mode keymap has > already been set up when mail-abbrevs is subsequently sucked in, > changing the keymap. Or maybe it was the other way around; I forget. > Anyhow, "Someone With CVS Write Access" (i.e. not me) ought to take a > peek at the revision history again, or just dig out the previous > discussion on this subject, and apply the small patch to be found > somewhere in that discussion to make the keymap work the right way > again. > In the meantime, learn to love `M-m f'. Karl, thanks for jogging my memory and pointing me in the right direction. I don't have CVS write privs either, but I went back through the cvs revision history of message.el and can confirm that Dave Love's checking (5.118) deleted the lines in question. Below is essentially the same patch that torkel proposed when he looked into this when you and David Goldberg brought it up in July. Can someone with CVS write privs please commit it?