From: Reid Rivenburgh <reid@lanl.gov>
Subject: Re: Multiple frame problem
Date: 04 May 2000 14:38:30 -0600	[thread overview]

 David S Goldberg writes:

 > Here's my solution which works with XEmacs.  Not sure about Emacs.
 > In my .gnus I have:

 > (defvar dsg-gnus-edit-buffer "*gnusedit*" "place holder for gnus
 > editing")

 > (defun dsg-gnus-buffer-predicate (arg)
  (string= (buffer-name arg) dsg-gnus-edit-buffer))

 > [...]

 > (gnus-add-configuration
 '(message
   (frame 1.0
 > 	  (if (not (buffer-live-p gnus-summary-buffer))
 > 	      (car (cdr (assoc 'group gnus-buffer-configuration)))
 > 	    (car (cdr (assoc 'summary gnus-buffer-configuration))))
 > 	  (vertical (user-position t top 1 left 1 name "Gnus Edit"
 > 				   buffer-predicate
 > 				   dsg-gnus-buffer-predicate)
 > 		    (message 1.0 point)))))

 > What this says is that when I kill or bury whatever is being put in
 > the frame called "Gnus Edit", the buffer it will return to is
 > called "*gnusedit*" which is not used for anything else, and
 > therefore won't likely show up in any other frame.  You can use
 > this as the buffer to find and lower.  Note that you're better off
 > with something like this to do the lowering:

 > (lower-frame (window-frame (get-buffer-window "*gnusedit*" t)))

Thanks again for your help, Dave.  Do you by any chance create the
*gnusedit* buffer beforehand?  I'm using your code, and when I finish
composing something, it returns to the *scratch* buffer, not one
called *gnusedit* (which doesn't exist).

Everything is working pretty well now otherwise, though the lowering
occasionally crashes XEmacs (21.1.9).  I haven't looked into that
yet....

Thanks again,
Reid