From: Reid Rivenburgh <reid@lanl.gov>
Subject: Mail splitting questions or feature requests
Date: 22 Mar 2001 12:15:05 -0700	[thread overview]

Hi,

I have a couple of little issues regarding mail splitting.  As always,
I hope they aren't FAQs....

1. I have several rules that match in From, To, and Cc on specific
   email addresses; if one is found, the mail is put in a group for
   that person.  If none is matched, it goes in a catch-all
   "misc-mail" group.  My question: If I get mail from an unknown
   person that happens to Cc a known person, the mail is filed in the
   known person's group.  Is it possible to make it also file the mail
   in misc-mail due to the unknown sender?  This would be handy,
   because sometimes I don't realize where mail was filed thanks to an
   unnoticed Cc recipient.  (I tend to look at my mail immediately
   using a command line tool, then do the real work in Gnus.)  If
   there was more than one unknown address in the header, then I'd
   only want one copy to go to misc-mail, of course.  I do have
   cross-posting enabled.

2. Related to the above, I sometimes can't figure out which group a
   mail was sent to.  I just discovered the nnmail-split-history
   command, which is helpful.  Could that be made a little more useful
   by including the subject in each line?  Also, it would be nice if
   the split history buffer contained a little separator line with the
   date between each instance of mail fetching.  And finally, it seems
   like it's just keeping the n most recent lines in the history
   buffer; anyone know how to control that behavior?

Thanks for listening,
Reid