From: Colin Rafferty <colin@xemacs.org>
Subject: Re: bbdb & gnus
Date: 20 Jul 1999 16:44:33 -0400	[thread overview]

Send mail to bbdb-info-request@xemacs.org with the subject "subscribe'.

> So I grabbed bbdb-2.00,

Grab 2.00.06 from the same place.  It's the bugfix version.

> Now when I open mail in gnus (pgnus-0.95), I get messages about
> BBDB and frobnicating, so it seems to be working.

> But my ~/.bbdb is empty.

As Ted Rathkopf said, you haven't added anything yet.

In order to set it up to work with gnus, you should have the following
line in your .emacs:

(bbdb-initialize 'gnus)

Now, you can type `:' in the *Summary*, and you will get a buffer with
the sender.  If there is no entry for that person, BBDB will ask if
you want one created.

If you want to created entries automatically while reading, see the
variable `bbdb/news-auto-create-p'.

You may also want to read the fine manual that comes with BBDB.

--
Colin