* Displaying strange headers strangely?
@ 1999-02-10 15:07 Kai.Grossjohann
From: Kai.Grossjohann @ 1999-02-10 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Can I make it so that messages with an "X-yzzy: a" header show up with
a "1" in the Summary buffer, and messages with an "X-yzzy: b" header
show up with "2"?

I would like to frob the display in the article buffer, to.  Maybe
display the former as "Priority: yes" and the latter as "Priority:
no"?

kai
--
I like _\bb_\bo_\bt_\bh kinds of music.

* Re: Displaying strange headers strangely?
@ 1999-02-10 16:13 ` Colin Rafferty
From: Colin Rafferty @ 1999-02-10 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Grossjohann writes:

> Can I make it so that messages with an "X-yzzy: a" header show up with
> a "1" in the Summary buffer, and messages with an "X-yzzy: b" header
> show up with "2"?

I assume you mean that you would like some actual text in the Summary
buffer to have the string "1" or "2".

There are only three things that you have to do for this:

1. Make sure that the X-yzzy field is being put in .overview.  If it's
   not by default, then add it to `nnmail-extra-headers'.

2. Create a new function `gnus-user-format-function-y' that looks at
   the X-yzzy header, and outputs "1" or "2".

3. Add %uz to wherever in `gnus-summary-line-format' you want it.

> I would like to frob the display in the article buffer, to.  Maybe
> display the former as "Priority: yes" and the latter as "Priority:
> no"?

I guess you could do something in the `gnus-article-prepare-hook'.

Of course, you could also mess with the message itself somewhere in
the processing before it gets into Gnus in the first place.

--
Colin