* Problems with pgg and GnuPG?
@ 2006-04-28 18:05 Marcus Frings
From: Marcus Frings @ 2006-04-28 18:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

are there any problems known with pgg.el and GnuPG? I can't sign mails
anymore (mml2015-pgg-sign: Sign error) and when I encrypt mails they are
sent but with no body. IIRC these problems only occur on my AMD64 box
(both Linux and FreeBSD) but not on my P4 at work (Linux). On all three
systems I use fresh CVS Emacs and CVS Gnus and GnuPG 1.4.3.

My settings didn't change:

,----[ pgg settings ]
| (setq mml2015-use 'pgg)
| (setq mml1991-use 'pgg)
| (setq pgg-default-scheme 'gpg)
| (setq pgg-scheme 'gpg)
| (setq pgg-encrypt-for-me t)
| (setq pgg-default-user-id "E10F502E")
| (setq pgg-passphrase-cache-expiry 1200)
| (setq mm-verify-option 'always)
| (setq mm-decrypt-option 'always)
| (setq gnus-buttonized-mime-types '("multipart/encrypted" "multipart/signed"))
| (add-to-list 'mm-inlined-types "application/pgp$")
| (add-to-list 'mm-automatic-display "application/pgp$")
| (add-to-list 'mm-inline-media-tests '("application/pgp$" mm-inline-text identity))
| (setq gnus-message-replysign t)
| (setq gnus-message-replyencrypt t)
| (define-key message-mode-map (kbd "<f8>") 'mml-secure-message-sign-pgpmime)
| (define-key message-mode-map (kbd "<f9>") 'mml-secure-message-encrypt-pgpmime)
| (define-key gnus-summary-mode-map (kbd "<f8>") 'gnus-summary-force-verify-and-decrypt)
`----

Regards,
Marcus
--
"Ich glaube an Tod, Zerstörung, Chaos, Schmutz und Habgier."

* Re: Problems with pgg and GnuPG?
@ 2006-04-28 19:44 ` Marcus Frings
From: Marcus Frings @ 2006-04-28 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Marcus Frings <iam-est-hora-surgere@despammed.com> wrote:

> are there any problems known with pgg.el and GnuPG? I can't sign mails
> anymore (mml2015-pgg-sign: Sign error) and when I encrypt mails they are
> sent but with no body. IIRC these problems only occur on my AMD64 box
> (both Linux and FreeBSD) but not on my P4 at work (Linux). On all three
> systems I use fresh CVS Emacs and CVS Gnus and GnuPG 1.4.3.

By the way, in /tmp/pgg-output-XXXXXXX I have found the encrypted part
of the mail.

Regards,
Marcus
--
"Ich hab BIND Code gelesen. Und es war schrecklich. Ich hab tinydns Code
gelesen. Und es war schrecklich. Man sollte Paul Vixie und DJB mal DNS

* Re: Problems with pgg and GnuPG?
@ 2006-04-29  2:31   ` Daiki Ueno
From: Daiki Ueno @ 2006-04-29  2:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

> > are there any problems known with pgg.el and GnuPG? I can't sign mails
> > anymore (mml2015-pgg-sign: Sign error) and when I encrypt mails they are
> > sent but with no body. IIRC these problems only occur on my AMD64 box
> > (both Linux and FreeBSD) but not on my P4 at work (Linux). On all three
> > systems I use fresh CVS Emacs and CVS Gnus and GnuPG 1.4.3.

> By the way, in /tmp/pgg-output-XXXXXXX I have found the encrypted part
> of the mail.

(setq pgg-gpg-debug t) and look into the " *pgg-gpg-debug*" buffer.
Note that the first letter of the buffer name is whitespace.

Regards,
--
Daiki Ueno

* Re: Problems with pgg and GnuPG?
@ 2006-04-29 14:05     ` Marcus Frings
From: Marcus Frings @ 2006-04-29 14:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Daiki Ueno <ueno@unixuser.org> wrote:

> (setq pgg-gpg-debug t) and look into the " *pgg-gpg-debug*" buffer.
> Note that the first letter of the buffer name is whitespace.

Ah great, I found the problem:

,----[ " *pgg-gpg-debug*" ]
| gpg: can't put a policy URL into v3 (PGP 2.x style) signatures
`----

This was caused by

,----[ gpg.conf ]
| set-policy-url http://www.sc-delphin-eschweiler.de/pgp/index.html
`----

which is set on my two AMD64 systems but not on my P4 at work. After
removing this setting everything worked again.

Now I just have to find out how I can use this setting (because I'm too
lazy to type it manually every time when I sign someone else's key) in
my gpg.conf and keep Gnus with pgg.el working at the same time.

Regards,
Marcus
--
"Ich bewundere die konzeptionelle Reinheit... Geschaffen, um zu überleben...
Kein Gewissen beeinflusst es, es kennt keine Schuld oder Wahnvorstellungen