From: Mark Borges <mdb@cdc.noaa.gov>
Cc: ding@ifi.uio.no
Subject: Re: Gnus 5.2.20: SAVEDIR
Date: 20 Jun 1996 10:56:55 -0600	[thread overview]

lars> Mark Borges <mdb@cdc.noaa.gov> writes:

>> The only way I've been able to get what I want is the ugly gross way:
>> manually set each of these in my gnus-init-file, e.g.,

lars> Just set `gnus-directory' in .emacs.

Doh! Yes, that works. Lessee if I can ask a more intelligent question
now to try to redeem myself...

Is it safe to assume that all valid variables in Gnus-5.2.20 are
documented? I've got a bunch of what appear to be bogus left-over
variables that I'd like to purge. Otherwise I might think they
actually do something useful -- besides, my gnus-init-file is way too
big.

I'd go ahead and just do it, but I see stuff like

   $ grep gnus-use-generic-from *.el
   gnus.el:(defvar gnus-use-generic-from nil)
   $

which I don't understand -- why is it defvar'd and never used?

--
  -mb-