From: Mark Borges <mdb@cdc.noaa.gov>
Subject: help! my el-dingo was corrupted!
Date: 13 Feb 1996 14:43:39 -0700	[thread overview]

Last night my /home partition experienced a failure. Consequently,
since I was using Gnus at the time, my el-dingo (.eld) file was
corrupted. Bummer.

So why am I bugging the list, you ask?

I've re-created it (or rather sgnus has), but now it seems that I see
the phrase,

	"Looking for new newsgroups"

in the minibuffer for a *much* longer time than I used to. Other than
looking out the window how can I speed this up?

I'm really not too interested in new newsgroups (I can't keep up with
what I read now), so I've put the options line:

options -n !adass.all !alt.all !aus.all !bionet.all !bit.all !biz.all !boulder.all !can.all !clari.all !comp.all !courts.all !ctdl.all !cu.all !csu.all !csn.all !co.all !dc.all !es.all !francom.all !info.all !ieee.all !misc.all !news.admin !rec.all !vmsnet.all !zer.all !fr.all !fj.all !pubnet.all !psi.all !vax.all !de.all !k12.all !talk.all !sci.all !soc.all !trial.all

in my .newsrc file. It's been there since GNUS-4 days. Is it possible
that this line isn't being recognized now? How can I know for sure? Is
there a better way of ignoring these groups?

Thanks,

A frazzled sgnus customer :-).

  -mb-