* nnimap server denied
@ 1999-11-23 23:08 Matt McClure
From: Matt McClure @ 1999-11-23 23:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

I upgraded to 0.98, and I'm trying to use nnimap for the first time.
I've added the following to my .gnus.el:

   (setq gnus-secondary-select-methods
         '((nnfolder "archive"
                     (nnfolder-directory   "~/mail")
                     (nnfolder-active-file "~/mail/.active")
                     (nnfolder-get-new-mail t)
                     (nnfolder-inhibit-expiry nil))
           (nnimap "" (nnimap-address "shell.faradic.net")
   ;                (nnimap-stream "network")
   ;                (nnimap-authenticator "login")
                   )))

I've tried with and without the nnimap-stream and nnimap-authenticator
variables, but the result is the same in all cases.  The connection to
the IMAP server is denied.  The following shows up in the *nnimap-debug*
buffer:

   1 -> nnimap-open-server: server="" defs=((nnimap-address "shell.faradic.net"))
   | 2 -> nnimap-server-opened: server=""
   | 2 <- nnimap-server-opened: nil
   | 2 -> nnimap-open-connection: server=""
   | 2 <- nnimap-open-connection: nil
   1 <- nnimap-open-server: nil

Connecting to the IMAP server from Pine works just fine.

Any ideas what is going wrong?  Is there some way I can get more
detailed logging of where the connection is failing?

Thanks.

--
Matt McClure
Concurrent Computer Corporation