From: Sten Drescher <sten.drescher@tivoli.com>
Subject: Re: gnus-batch-score should run in slave mode
Date: 04 Nov 1996 14:02:28 -0600	[thread overview]

>>>>> j d writes:

jd> Running gnus-batch-score in slave mode should reduce the
jd> possibilty of collision between a running gnus and a batch mode
jd> one.  I also added a variable so your .gnus can tell if its
jd> running in batch mode.

jd> Obviously, no one has been using gnus-batch-score since it didn't
jd> work right.  I have commented out one line since i don't know the
jd> proper fix.

	Possibly because it's not documented?  I looked through all of
the files in the texi directory of rgnus 0.53, and only found a
reference to doing batch scoring in the gnus-save-scores variable
description, and that only in the contect of 'if you do batch scoring,
set this to t'.  How does it work, what does it gain you, and at what
cost?

--
|   Sten Drescher                     Tivoli Systems, Inc               |