From: Matthieu Moy <matthieumNOSPAM@yahoo.com.invalid>
Subject: Re: [CODE] Editing and resending an existing mail.
Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2002 15:46:34 +0100	[thread overview]

ShengHuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:

> I use gnus-summary-supersede-article to do a similar job. Maybe its
> name is confusing for such a job or it cancels the existing article.

It is  supposed to modify an  already posted news  article (cancel the
old one, and  put the new one instead, with  the same message-ID), but
should  have no  sense  for mail.  The  only real  difference is  that
supersede  changes the  header message-ID  into Supersed  or something
like that.  It can work, but is probably not very RFC compliant ...

No objection to the other suggestions. I do it right now.

Some slight modification  should be done to put  the keyboard shortcut
in the global map, and same for the menu.

--
Matthieu

55a56
>       ;; Gnus will generate a new one when sending.
57,59d57
<       (goto-char (point-max))
<       ;(forward-char -1)
<       (insert "Message-ID: " (message-make-message-id) "\n")
64,65c62
<       (re-search-forward "^To:\\|^Newsgroups:")
<       (forward-char 1)
---