From: "François Pinard" <pinard@IRO.UMontreal.CA>
Cc: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: group names with non-ascii characters
Date: 08 Jun 2000 16:20:39 -0400	[thread overview]

Shenghuo ZHU <zsh@cs.rochester.edu> writes:

> Is anyone using group names with non-ascii characters?  There could
> be some bugs in handling the path names and the entries in the .active
> files.  I guess nnimap supports group names with iso-8859-1 characters.
> Has anyone tested to use agent or cache with those groups?

I tried a few times, but had to back up and clean spreading damage, in
active and elsewhere.  I'm rather lost with Mule programming, and might
have to wait until I have enough time to either understand how to debug
this or help Lars or someone else at debugging from distance.  Yet, the
cleaning operations on my side are lengthy enough to prohibit distance
debugging, so I'm not kibitizing Lars about this.  I had more luck with
non-ASCII characters in Topic names, but there are still some annoying
problems in this area, as well, and I might back up there as well, for now.