From: Richard Riley <rileyrg@googlemail.com>
To: ding@gnus.org
Subject: Re: Using agent with IMAP, accessing read IMAP mails offline
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2011 11:12:07 +0200	[thread overview]

"JJ" <ding_gnus.org@sumou.com> writes:

> I've been trying to figure out how to read IMAP mail offline for the past
> two days, but can't figure it out.
>
> Nobody else is faced with this problem? Is this an uncommon way to access
> mail?
>
> I mean that's what the agent is for right? And/or cache... To be able to
> read the mails already read, when offline.
>
> Can someone advise me how to set it up in Gnus with IMAP? There's nowhere
> else I can turn to for help in this matter...
> --
> JJ

Theoretically you enable the imap group as an agent group. You then,
when "plugged" fetch all articles you have marked for download (in the
manual). it doesnt work for me as I us multiple gmail accounts and the
agent goes haywire. I posted some use cases as to how I thought it could
work better or more intuitively while away on hols recently and trying
to get the "unplugged" working better in order to reduce online time. I
too would be interested to hear of any one else using it regularly.