* message forwarding and MIME
@ 1999-12-04  0:59 Jim Davidson
From: Jim Davidson @ 1999-12-04  0:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm glad that the flag message-forward-as-mime made it into v .99.

It would be nice if the non-MIME behavior worked the same as for Gnus 5.7,
by inserting the start-separator and end-separator around the message.
The following patch (not in CVS) would do that.

--
Jim Davidson
jdavidso @ csi.com

[-- Attachment #2: insert separators around non-MIME forwarding --]

*** message.el.old	Wed Dec 01 08:30:56 1999
--- message.el	Fri Dec 03 16:24:02 1999
***************
*** 279,284 ****
--- 279,296 ----
    :type 'file
    :group 'message-headers)

+ (defcustom message-forward-start-separator
+   "------- Start of forwarded message -------\n"
+   "*Delimiter inserted before forwarded messages."
+   :group 'message-forwarding
+   :type 'string)
+
+ (defcustom message-forward-end-separator
+   "------- End of forwarded message -------\n"
+   "*Delimiter inserted after forwarded messages."
+   :group 'message-forwarding
+   :type 'string)
+
  (defcustom message-make-forward-subject-function
    'message-forward-subject-author-subject
   "*A list of functions that are called to generate a subject header for forwarded messages.
***************
*** 3847,3859 ****
      (message-goto-body)
      (if message-forward-as-mime
  	 (insert "\n\n<#part type=message/rfc822 disposition=inline>\n")
!       (insert "\n\n"))
      (let ((b (point))
  	  e)
        (mml-insert-buffer cur)
        (setq e (point))
!       (and message-forward-as-mime
! 	   (insert "<#/part>\n"))
        (when (and (not current-prefix-arg)
  		 message-forward-ignored-headers)
  	(save-restriction
--- 3859,3872 ----
      (message-goto-body)
      (if message-forward-as-mime
  	 (insert "\n\n<#part type=message/rfc822 disposition=inline>\n")
!       (insert message-forward-start-separator))
      (let ((b (point))
  	  e)
        (mml-insert-buffer cur)
        (setq e (point))
!       (if message-forward-as-mime
! 	   (insert "<#/part>\n")
! 	(insert message-forward-end-separator))
        (when (and (not current-prefix-arg)
  		 message-forward-ignored-headers)
  	(save-restriction

* Re: message forwarding and MIME
@ 1999-12-04  4:06 ` Emerick Rogul
From: Emerick Rogul @ 1999-12-04  4:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jim Davidson writes:

: I'm glad that the flag message-forward-as-mime made it into v .99.

Yes, I am too.  One thing that would be nice, in addition to this, is
if you could somehow specify a set of reduced headers when forwarding
a message.  I know that sometimes the full set of headers is a Good
Thing, but I think they're not wanted in the typical case.

-Emerick
Emerick Rogul        /\/  "...i saw your girlfriend and she's eating her
emerick@cs.bu.edu    /\/   fingers like they're just another meal."
------------------------------------------------- 'summer babe', pavement

* Re: message forwarding and MIME
@ 1999-12-04  5:30   ` Kevin Falcone
From: Kevin Falcone @ 1999-12-04  5:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Jim Davidson writes:
  : I'm glad that the flag message-forward-as-mime made it into v .99.

  ER> Yes, I am too.  One thing that would be nice, in addition to this, is
  ER> if you could somehow specify a set of reduced headers when forwarding
  ER> a message.  I know that sometimes the full set of headers is a Good
  ER> Thing, but I think they're not wanted in the typical case.

look at message-forward-ignore-headers, it takes a regex of ignored headers.

-kevin

--
Kevin Falcone <kevinfal@seas.upenn.edu>

Lasciate ogni speranza, voi ch'entrate!
			--Dante

* Re: message forwarding and MIME
@ 1999-12-04 15:55     ` Emerick Rogul
From: Emerick Rogul @ 1999-12-04 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kevin Falcone writes:

ER: One thing that would be nice, in addition to this, is
ER: if you could somehow specify a set of reduced headers when forwarding
ER: a message.  I know that sometimes the full set of headers is a Good
ER: Thing, but I think they're not wanted in the typical case.

: look at message-forward-ignore-headers, it takes a regex of ignored headers.

Ah, thanks, I hadn't noticed that.