* Problem (warning, really) refreshing from CVS
@ 1999-11-16 20:07 Emerick Rogul
From: Emerick Rogul @ 1999-11-16 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

When refreshing pgnus from CVS, I sometimes get warning/error messages
like the following:

P lisp/ChangeLog
patch: Invalid options.
patch: Usage:   patch [-blNR] [-c|-e|-n] [-d dir] [-D define] [-i
patchfile]\
              [-o outfile] [-p num] [-r rejectfile] [file]
cvs update: could not patch ChangeLog; will refetch

Is something misconfigured on my side or on the CVS server or...?  I've
never used CVS, so I'm a bit unfamiliar with this.  It still refetched
the file, so no harm done, but I'd like to sort the problem out if
it's on my side.

-Emerick
Emerick Rogul             /\/     "how young are you, how old am i?
emerick@cs.bu.edu         /\/      let's count the rings around my eyes."
------------------------------------------------- 'i will dare', the mats

* Re: Problem (warning, really) refreshing from CVS
@ 1999-11-16 21:44 ` Kai Großjohann
From: Kai Großjohann @ 1999-11-16 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Emerick Rogul <emerick@cs.bu.edu> writes:

> patch: Invalid options.
> patch: Usage:   patch [-blNR] [-c|-e|-n] [-d dir] [-D define] [-i

Are you on Solaris or SunOS, perchance?  That patch is so old that you
can't really use it for anything.  Try installing a GNU patch and then
try recompiling CVS to use that patch binary instead.

kai
--
This gubblick contains many nonsklarkish English flutzpahs,
but the overall pluggandisp can be glorked from context. -- David Moser

* Re: Problem (warning, really) refreshing from CVS
@ 1999-11-16 22:30   ` Emerick Rogul
From: Emerick Rogul @ 1999-11-16 22:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

Kai Großjohann writes:

: Emerick Rogul <emerick@cs.bu.edu> writes:
:: patch: Invalid options.
:: patch: Usage:   patch [-blNR] [-c|-e|-n] [-d dir] [-D define] [-i

: Are you on Solaris or SunOS, perchance?  That patch is so old that you
: can't really use it for anything.  Try installing a GNU patch and then
: try recompiling CVS to use that patch binary instead.

Yes, I am on Solaris.  I will try getting GNU patch; thanks for the
tip.

-Emerick
Emerick Rogul         /\/  "the doctor smiles terribly.  'i am referring
emerick@cs.bu.edu     /\/   your case directly to the coroner.'"
------------------------------------- 'naked lunch', william s. burroughs