* drafts lost its draftiness
@ 1999-12-05  5:50 Jack Vinson
From: Jack Vinson @ 1999-12-05  5:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Okay, I will admit that I made some mistakes.  Like C-w a slew of groups
and then C-y'ing them all back before I remembered that I could have just
'Q'uit to start all over.  Crud.

Anyway, my Drafts group got killed and now it isn't behaving like a proper
drafts group.  Namely, when I enter and attempt to edit a draft, I can't.
It thinks 'D' is mapped to the normal gnus-summary-mark-as-read-backward,
instead of the gnus-draft-mode bindings.  Something isn't telling gnus to
change modes.

--
Jack Vinson <jvinson@chevax.ecs.umass.edu>    http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~vinson/
Zippy: OKAY!!  Turn on the sound ONLY for TRYNEL CARPETING,

* Re: drafts lost its draftiness
@ 1999-12-05  5:59 ` Emerick Rogul
From: Emerick Rogul @ 1999-12-05  5:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

Jack Vinson writes:

: Okay, I will admit that I made some mistakes.  Like C-w a slew of groups
: and then C-y'ing them all back before I remembered that I could have just
: 'Q'uit to start all over.  Crud.

: Anyway, my Drafts group got killed and now it isn't behaving like a proper
: drafts group.  Namely, when I enter and attempt to edit a draft, I can't.
: It thinks 'D' is mapped to the normal gnus-summary-mark-as-read-backward,
: instead of the gnus-draft-mode bindings.  Something isn't telling gnus to
: change modes.

Just a guess: did your nndraft group parameters get hosed?  The
following should be in there:

((gnus-dummy
  (gnus-draft-mode)))

-Emerick
       "i am a lost soul, i shoot myself with rock and roll,
  the hole i dig is bottomless, but nothing else can set me free."
--- Emerick Rogul <emerick@cs.bu.edu> --------- 'i am a scientist', gbv

* Re: drafts lost its draftiness
@ 1999-12-05 15:27   ` Jack Vinson
From: Jack Vinson @ 1999-12-05 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

ER> Just a guess: did your nndraft group parameters get hosed?  The
ER> following should be in there:

ER> ((gnus-dummy
ER>   (gnus-draft-mode)))

Bingo!  That was exactly what I needed.