* nnslashdot: viewing the news article?
@ 1999-12-01  3:57 Emerick Rogul
From: Emerick Rogul @ 1999-12-01  3:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have pGnus 0.99 set up to read slashdot comments (which is working
great, btw).  Is there a way to either make pgnus display the actual
news article as an article in gnus or have it launch it in a web
browser?  I glanced through the manual and the code, but I couldn't
find anything obvious.

-Emerick
Emerick Rogul        /\/  "...i saw your girlfriend and she's eating her
emerick@cs.bu.edu    /\/   fingers like they're just another meal."
------------------------------------------------- 'summer babe', pavement

* Re: nnslashdot: viewing the news article?
@ 1999-12-01 22:35 ` Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen @ 1999-12-01 22:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Emerick Rogul <emerick@cs.bu.edu> writes:

> I have pGnus 0.99 set up to read slashdot comments (which is working
> great, btw).  Is there a way to either make pgnus display the actual
> news article as an article in gnus or have it launch it in a web
> browser?  I glanced through the manual and the code, but I couldn't
> find anything obvious.

The actual article is the first article in each group.  The comments
follow on.

* Re: nnslashdot: viewing the news article?
@ 1999-12-02  1:09   ` Emerick Rogul
From: Emerick Rogul @ 1999-12-02  1:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen writes:

: Emerick Rogul <emerick@cs.bu.edu> writes:
:: I have pGnus 0.99 set up to read slashdot comments (which is working
:: great, btw).  Is there a way to either make pgnus display the actual
:: news article as an article in gnus or have it launch it in a web
:: browser?  I glanced through the manual and the code, but I couldn't
:: find anything obvious.

: The actual article is the first article in each group.  The comments
: follow on.

Ahh...my standard SCOREing and summary buffer sorting was throwing the
messages every which way, so the news item never appeared as the first
article.  I've updated my .gnus to not sort slashdot groups and it's
working now.  Thanks...

-Emerick
"this is now, this is here, this is me, this is what i wanted you to see,
 that was then, was that, that is gone, that is what i wanted you to feel"
--- Emerick Rogul <emerick@cs.bu.edu> --------- 'so fast, so numb', r.e.m.