Ted Zlatanov writes: > On Tue, 09 Sep 2003, knauel@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de wrote: >> here is a little patch for spam-report.el that provides a function >> `spam-report-url-ping-wget' that calls wget to report a spam message >> to gmane. I found that convenient because the orginal >> `spam-report-url-ping' (now `spam-report-url-ping-plain') didn't >> obey the http proxy settings. > > I like the patch, but wouldn't it make sense, as Reiner said, to use > a mm-url.el function as the alternative, instead of crafting our own > replacements for it? That makes perfect sense to me, I simply wasn't aware that mm-url.el is already doing this for me. ;-) Here is an updated version of the patch, autoloading mm-url if needed: