I got another screwup in my spam-catcher "tomb" group this morning. Same symptom as before, article expiry choking on an invalid numeric comparison to `>'. I took a closer look, and what I found is fairly horrifying. There are spammers out there whose messages contain a literal carriage return character in the Message-Id header. Take a peek below (and maybe hit `i' twice on its MIME component to get it rendered as text/plain). And that's ignoring entirely the fact that the Message-Id header looks more like a Received header in the first place.