* Scoring globally...
@ 1998-01-27  9:58 Andy Eskilsson
From: Andy Eskilsson @ 1998-01-27  9:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

Once in a while people crosspost to every f-ing group they can
reach+some more, and when I stumble over such article I would like to
lower the score of it deep past hell, so far so good..

The problem is that I would automagically press a key and add it to
the global score-file! So I don't need to do as today, lower score,
edit current score-file, cut the added entry, open the global score
file, paste it..

Any hints how to achieve this??

And on the other hand, my global score-file (all.SCORE) doesn't work
anymore.. ARRGH What have I stumbled over?

	/andy

* Re: Scoring globally...
@ 1998-01-27 14:36 ` Stefan Waldherr
From: Stefan Waldherr @ 1998-01-27 14:36 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Andy> Once in a while people crosspost to every f-ing group they can
  Andy> reach+some more, and when I stumble over such article I would like to
  Andy> lower the score of it deep past hell, so far so good..

  Andy> The problem is that I would automagically press a key and add it to
  Andy> the global score-file! So I don't need to do as today, lower score,
  Andy> edit current score-file, cut the added entry, open the global score
  Andy> file, paste it..

  Andy> Any hints how to achieve this??

Yes, I recently posted some code to the gnus newsgroup. One part of it does
exactly what you want.

You are in a summary buffer and with `J a' you add the author with a very low
score to the score file, with `J s' the subject.

Stefan.
--
Stefan Waldherr                office +1 (412) 268-3837
                                  fax +1 (412) 268-5576

* Re: Scoring globally...
@ 1998-01-27 14:41   ` Stefan Waldherr
From: Stefan Waldherr @ 1998-01-27 14:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Stefan> Yes, I recently posted some code to the gnus newsgroup. One part of
  Stefan> it does exactly what you want.
  Stefan> You are in a summary buffer and with `J a' you add the author with a
  Stefan> very low score to the score file, with `J s' the subject.

I forgot to add that I'm not the author of that code. I just shamelessly
extended it ;)

Stefan.
--

@ 1998-01-27 18:17 ` Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 1998-01-27 18:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Andy Eskilsson <andy.eskilsson@telelogic.se> writes:
> The problem is that I would automagically press a key and add it to
> the global score-file! So I don't need to do as today, lower score,
> edit current score-file, cut the added entry, open the global score
> file, paste it..

What's wrong with either...
	V c all.SCORE RET L S RET
	(switch to global score, lower subject)

or...
	put this in all.SCORE once and for all (from my own all.SCORE):
	(("xref"

With the latter, you don't ever have to worry about excessive
crossposting at all.