From: Karl Kleinpaste <karl@justresearch.com>
Subject: Re: Using gnus-list-identifiers
Date: 15 Sep 1999 22:09:51 -0400	[thread overview]

"Rene H. Larsen" <renehl@post1.tele.dk> writes:
> ...but it is hard to tell from the available
> documentation; gnus-list-identifiers isn't mentioned anywhere in the
> Gnus manual

First, I made a mistake in what I showed you before, because I simply
searched the manual index for "list-identifiers" and relayed how to
reach that, which happens to be the entry for nnmail-list-identifiers,
which has been part of Gnus for quite some time.  But that was in my
0.95 at home, not the 0.96 I'm running at the office, which I have now
checked.

Second, gnus-list-identifiers *is* in the manual.  Since you have the
variable (which is evidently new for 0.96, it not being found in the
0.95 manual), then you have the manual to describe it.  Do this, and
see the discussion of `W W l' there:

`C-h i' -> Gnus -> The Summary Buffer -> Article Treatment -> Article Hiding

That's an explicit road map to the page that discusses the variable.

> That is not my experience from my tinkering with it.

That's because I was discussing nnmail-list-identifiers, which is
different from what you asked.  My apologies.

However, you have manifestly not checked the manual yourself.  Again,
it is in the section named above.