* bug: weird misinteraction between daemon functions and message buffer
@ 2009-07-10 18:34 Karl Kleinpaste
From: Karl Kleinpaste @ 2009-07-10 18:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ding

I use daemon functions to get new mail and news regularly.  When I am in
a message buffer, composing a new item, this induces the message buffer
to be cleared.  It is recoverable with a simple undo, but I don't
understand why it's happening in the first place.

To maximize the weirdness...  If I see the messages that indicate daemon
functions are obtaining new mail, and I do some typing -- it doesn't
matter what, I can type anything, even just a ^L -- then the buffer is
not cleared.

Is anyone else familiar with this odd failure mode?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2009-07-10 18:34 UTC | newest]